Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Where the intelligentsia lives

In the eighteenth century Hampstead village developed into a fashionable spa. Until today the area is a trendy place that has retained its reputation as a domicile of the intelligentsia and quite a lot of stars.

My mistake was to walk all the way to Hampstead yesterday so I was tired by the time I arrived. I had a picnic in Hampstead Heath, an amasing park or I should rather say landscape as it's huge and doesn't look like a looked-after park.

From Parliament Hill, a famous weekend spot for kite flying, you can enjoy a phantastic view onto London, mainly onto the City's and Docklands' skyscrapers.

Sigmund Freund is just one out of many former famous inhabitants of Hampstead. He lived in this beautiful house during the last year of his life.

I have to come back when the museum is open as all his belongings, including the psychiatrist's couch, have been brought here from Vienna in 1938.

No comments:

Post a Comment