Thursday, May 20, 2010

Features, news stories and reviews

Every other week we have to submit a feature, a news story and a review. That's beside all the other assignments we have to hand in. Our tutor reads and discusses them with us in a 45 minutes session.

This week I handed in a feature on the charity The Pirate Castle, a news story on the opening of the Government Art Collection at the Museums at Night event and one review each on Lovers Walk (this link doesn't link to my review!) and the other on Jamie Oliver's food and kitchen shop Recipease. Writing those articles was great fun - and I was rewarded with very good marks. Don't know if I can keep this level. However, it was a nice surprise Tim liked my stories and how I structured and wrote them.

Pictured are Ellie-Marie and Harry who took part at the kid's training at the Pirate Club I visited. During the session Ellie-Marie found a dead hedgehog and caught it with her paddle. I publish this blog entry without showing you the respective pictures. I guess, especially Kathrin wouldn't like me to do so.

Wednesday evening Polly invited her sister Gemma and me to her lovely flat in Stoke Newington. Thanks, Polly, for the wonderful risotto and thanks to you both for the lovely evening!

I was surprised by the looks of the Hasidic Jews walking all over the streets in the area. The men wore very big fur hats - I'd never seen this before. Wikipedia says, the hats are worn only in winter. Wonder why it's still winter in their belief. The sun is shining brightly and it's getting warmer every day now. I'm sure my brother Christian and his girlfriend Anna will have a gorgeous weekend in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment