Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First coalition government since World War II

There is no excuse for not even mentioning the new coalition government of the UK in my blog - just because I was so busy doing all the research, writing and reading for my course! So this (re-dated) blog entry is to commemorate this important election result for the country and its people.

Cameron and Clegg formed the first coalition government since World War II on Tuesday night. It all happened within one afternoon/evening: Brown resigned and moved out of Downing Street No. 10 together with his wife and two boys, the Queen greeted Cameron in an audience as the next prime minister, Cameron and Clegg gave their first joined press conference and Cameron and his wife moved into Downing Street No. 10 (which became the fairly simular looking title of nearly every newspaper the following day).

By the way, I've found a new room to stay until the end of September. I'm going to stay with live-in landlord Alex in Kilburn which is just around the corner of Maida Vale and even closer to the school. It's a very nice flat and a big room to the back, and I'm sure we'll get on well. He seems to be a laid-back person and easy to live with. Incidentially, 'laid-back' is the word you'll find in nearly every flatshare ad. Guess I'd would advertise myself using this description. I'm going to move to the new place on May 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment