Friday, May 7, 2010

The Libs will tip the scales


Britain's election is over and the country now has a hung parliament (auf Deutsch: eine Pattsituation). It's up to the Liberal Democrats now to tip the scales. I won't tell you anything on British politics or the voting system, as I don't have much knowledge about it - apart from the stuff we learned at school and what I read in the newspapers. Anyhow, it's tantalizing to be here right now and to see how the coalition talks develop.

This week I followed two recommendations of my colleague Sebastian, a big fan of London and speaking with a wonderful British accent. The first was a night out at the Irish pub Waxy O'Connor's near Leichester Square. They have regular live music nights at the pub. The band The Bible Code Sunday was great, but unfortunately the music was extremely loud. However, it was fun to see the guests dancing and enjoying themselves.

Tonight I walked all the way to West End, had dinner at a houmous bar and went to get myself some cheap tickets for a West End show. The first theater I came across was Queen's Theatre where Les Miserables is performed. Sitting in the upper circle, I had a better view that the guy at the ticket counter had predicted. I enjoyed the show very much. Especially singer Simon Bowman was great. His voice makes you cry. As you can see in the guestbook on his website, I'm not the only one who was captived by the singer. Thank's, Sebastian, for two extremely valuable tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment