Monday, June 28, 2010

No victory for England

Victory, the gilded statue on top of the Victoria Memorial

London's roads were nearly empty yesterday and everybody seemed to be in the pub watching the game. I went to the supermarket to get some prosecco for dinner at my former flatmates' flat when I saw the 4:1 result and felt sorry for the disappointed England fans.

However, most of them accepted the result - even my coursemates, whose tongue-in-cheek remark on Friday had been that I shouldn't dare to come into class on Monday, accredited the victory of the German team.

Duji, Emma, Justine and I had a great dinner yesterday. Duji cooked a delicious Indian menu for us and enjoyed chatting along. On my way back home I saw a fox running on the pavement of my street.

I'd known that there are many foxes in London, but didn't expect so see one myself. My coursemates told me today that there are many of them around and that they are a real nuisance in their mating season earlier in the year. They scream like a woman and keep you from sleeping at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment