Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A very special birthday in Bremen

My mother among the family in front of Haus Ichon

Well done, Mami. That was a great day for the whole family and all your friends.

On 5 June we celebrated my mother's birthday in Bremen. The day started in manor Haus Ichon with a concert of the Bremer Kaffeehaus-Orchester and a tasty buffet. We then went to my parents' house to have coffee and cake in the garden. During the afternoon some close friends held humorous speaches, recited self-written poems and my brother Marcus, his son Bennett and daughter Annemieke performed a great TV news show on my mother's birthday party refering to her as Queen Marion.

My mother with my brother Christian and me (Photos: Günter)

Far too soon I had to leave Bremen again on Sunday afternoon. But London with all its attractions is doing its best to distract me from worrying too much. Just came home from another great evening at the West End. David Suchet, Zoe Wanamaker and Stephen Campbell Moore made All my Sons by Arthur Miller to an absolutely must-see.

The evening was a treat for working hard today on the first Live assignment for which each of us had to go out onto the streets of Maida Vale, find a news story and write a 150-word article in less than two hours. Luckily Ross was in a "good mood" and praised us all at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment