Tuesday, September 7, 2010

London Eye

An astonishing feature of London's waterside is the London Eye. It's little more than ten years old, 443ft high and offers superb views onto the city.

I haven't been on the thirty minutes ride as I think it's quite expensive - my guide book says it's 17 Pounds but although it was published this year, most entrance fees are already quite a bit higher. Furthermore, I'm not sure I'll like it up there.

Today I came home from a wonderful short break with Jessa and Chris in Bristol. After my packed program in London it was great to spend some relaxing days among very good old friends.

London Eye casts its shaddow onto the Shell Centre. Built in the 1950s it was the talles building in London at the time. It's still owned and operated by oil giant Shell which started as an East End sea-shell shop in 1833.

No comments:

Post a Comment