Monday, September 27, 2010

On top of it all

One of the best lookout points is the spine of St Paul's Cathedral. Getting there is quite an adventure and you pass the Whispering Gallery where you have an amazing view down onto the marble floor of the cathedral and up to the dome and the Stone Gallery with great views into all directions before you finally reach the Golden Gallery right below the golden ball and cross at the top of the spine.

The church itself is burial place of some famous captains, with the two star tombs of Nelson and Wellington. To round up my day at St Paul's, I, again, took part at the Evening Song with a lovely boys' choir.

At the end of the day, I went on a pub crawl. Together with my landlord, Tony, and my flatmate Melvyn, I went to The Barrow Boy and Banker, The Royal Oak and finally Market Porter. An excellent choice, Tony!

No comments:

Post a Comment