Monday, July 26, 2010

Food for free

On my way back from Nottinghamshire today, I visited the British Museum for the second time. I'd read about the biggest ever discovered hoard of Roman coins in Britain that are on display until the mid of August.

I was a little disappointed as only 0,4 percent of the 53,500 coins are to be seen in the museum's showcase. However, I used the remaining time to stroll through the rooms I didn't see when I first visited the museum and took some pictures of the South Africa garden laid out in front of the building.

On my way to the museum a long queue in front of the School of Oriental and African Studies of the University of London caught my eye. The people queued for a free vegetarian Indian meal out of big cool boxes placed on a bike that was provided by the Hare Krishna followers of London's King's Cross branch.

As I was hungry I donated some pounds and received a very big helping of rice, vegetables and two pieces of Indian bread. By the way, I've never seen someone handing out meals faster and more efficiently than this man.

Unfortunately, what you can't see on the picture is his unusual hairstyle - a curly blonde tail on the back of his shaven head - and his orange trousers. And you have to believe me when I tell you that the meal was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment