Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer Camp in the museum

It was my lazy day yesterday. I had a coffee and a muffin at the Serpentine Café and then went to the Summer Camp in the Victoria and Albert Museum. It's the greatest museum of applied arts in the world - but I think I've already told you this.

However, the Summer Camp is a two-day celebration of the "virtues of self-reliance and resourcefulness that can come through design and making". In tents in the museum and its garden the visitors get the opportunity to learn about design and crafts.

I went to a workshop on typography, learned how the noise gets onto films, watched an English folk dancing lession, joined a tour on modern architectual objects that are installed all around the museum and listened to folk music and fairy tales in the garden until the museum closed its doors at 10pm.

1 comment:

  1. Hello did you ever live in Furth, Germany around 2000? This is Jerome if you did. Look me up on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete