Wednesday, August 25, 2010

About a smile

Smile - just one of the many topics Richard and I talked about. Seen on a wall in the Eastend

It rained all day long yesterday. Great day to spend time inside, and so I did.

In the morning I was admitted to the public gallery at the London Metal Exchange, where dealers trade with metals (except gold and silver) in a ring. It's so busy and the proceedings are so complicated that I didn't get a sufficient knowledge about it. Will have to read a bit more about it on the LME's website, I guess.

For lunch I met with Richard who'd taken the train from Poole to spend a day in London. Afterwards we went to the National Portrait Gallery to see an exhibition of photographs of Camille Silvy, had a cup of tea at the museum's Portrait Café and discussed about everything and anything and strolled through the BP Portrait Award 2010 exhibition.

The evening we spent at the National Theatre, watching The Habit of Art by Alan Bennett.

Thanks Richard it was a great day despite the poor weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment