Monday, August 23, 2010

Just one photo of a diverse day

This photo of two policemen on horseback with the traffic lights at Trafalgar Square just turning green for them is the only one I took yesterday.

This is how a Monday of a person on a sabbatical in London can look like:

11am Got my hair cut at an Italian-owned shop by an Mongolian stylist after the washing was done by a French girl
12pm Sat in the sun on Trafalgar Square, observing tourists and reading
1pm Bought a sandwich and ate it under my umbrella in pouring rain on my way to meet-up with Sandra
1.30pm Got Westminster Abbey and many of the more than 3,000 memorials explained by Sandra on an excellent tour, squeezing ourselves through masses of tourists
3.30pm Had a pot of tea and interesting conversation with Sandra in Wesley's Café in the basement of the Methodist Church
5pm Had another pot of tea in the BFI at Southbank Centre, sitting comfy in a wing chair, reading my Rough Guide
7pm Visited The Press Photographer's Year 2010 exhibition at the nearby National Theatre
7.30pm Saw that Earthquakes in London at the National Theatre is sold out, knew instantly that I should see it, got the very last return (standing) ticket and had one of my best theatre experiences ever

No comments:

Post a Comment