Sunday, August 29, 2010

British weather in the Docklands

This is what I call a British stil life.

Today we had sun and some clouds in the morning, pouring rain at lunchtime when I had a Sunday roast in the pub Prospect of Whitby, out comes the sun again and I continue my stroll through the Docklands.

The Docklands consist of two different areas. The Western part boasts some old wharfs, the Southeastern part is very modern and home to Canary Wharf financial district.

I walked all the way from Tower Bridge to the very South of the Isle of Dog where I went into the tunnel to Greenwich just to turn round and come home with the bus.

By the way, Günter is recovering fast, will see his physician tomorrow and might leave the hospital either tomorrow or on Tuesday. And could you imagine, he already considers a break from riding his bike on racetracks.

In the UK it's Bank holiday weekend, which means that tomorrow is another day off. And as it's Notting Hill Carneval, I know where I'm heading to already.

Unfortunately my camera allows me to take pictures in wide angle or close-up only. I'll do my best to get some impressions for you from Europe's largest street festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment