Tuesday, August 3, 2010

From the inside

Today you can glimpse into the flat I'm staying in. It's the ideal place for me and to plan my next excursion into town. Pictured are the hall, the living room and my bedroom. It's a former council flat in which Tony's grandfather lived. Tony did the complete renovation of the flat himself. Very impressive, especially when you consider how neatly everything is done.

During the last days I met two people for a coffee or a pint. The first one is Sandra, sister of Bridget I went to see in Nottinghamshire recently. She's extremely well informed about London and gave me many valuable tips. She also animated me to join a hiking tour to Dover at the end of August. And she recommended a hiking tour I could do with Günter during his two-week long visit from Friday onwards.

The second is Thomas, whom I met at university in Münster. He has lived in London for nearly ten years now and also gave me some tips. We might meet again with his wife and Günter as he's going to take part in a 10 kilometer race in Victoria Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment