Monday, August 30, 2010

Carnival in Notting Hill

A little bit too crowded, by far too loud and interupted by long pauses between each parading group - that's Notting Hill Carnival. With other words, I was a bit disappointed by the event I had been very much looking forward to.








Some costumes were awesome and must have taken a long time to produce.

This street scene, photographed at 2pm, I found quite disturbing. While most of the participants of the parade drank water, these two female spectators were very well equipped with alcohol - each girl carries a bottle of Amaretto resp. Batida de Coco. The guy behind them is emptying a bottle of wine, observing the girl beside him with high interest but he's obviously too shy to approach her.

My camera is still not working properly, but I managed to make some photos before I left the scene to stroll through Europe's largest shopping center, Westfield. Although it's Bank holiday Monday today, Westfield was crowded with people and all shops were open.

So I soon retrieved and, again, ended up at the Serpentine Lake, having a nice cup of "latte" and a muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment