Friday, April 9, 2010

Nothing special?


"London? Nichts Besonderes (meaning: "London? Nothing special")," my cab driver told me this morning on my way to the airport. I tried to convince him that he was wrong but he insisted on his opinion. He once stood on Tower Bridge in the middle of the night in the mist and didn't know the way. After three hours, a police car stopped and helped him to find his way.

My arrival in London today was completely different. The sun shone brightly, and my bus driver knew his way perfectly. He dropped me off at Baker Street and I continued my trip to Maida Vale under ground. London Underground is just perfect. And there are lots of customer service people around if you need help.

Maida Vale is extremely beautiful and so is my room. I even have my own bathroom. After having occupied my wardrobe I'm now off to get all the stuff I need. Maybe I already find one of my new favourite places to eat.

1 comment:

  1. Let the adventures begin! Viel Spass beim Entdecken und kennenlernen. Und geniesse die Tage/Wochen/Monate! Was für ein Geschenk, dass du dir diese 6 Monate nehmen kannst! Liebe Grüsse von Katharina

    ReplyDelete