Friday, April 30, 2010

Political basics for journalists-to-be

(Copyright: Number10.gov.uk)

You won't hear from me much during the next three months. The school keeps us very busy. From now on we have to do a lot of research and write at least one article a day and answer lots of questions regarding local and national government and later even media law. The plus is you get into writing and have to cope with many different topics and speak with people. The minus is that there isn't any leisure time. The trainers want us to read at least two newspapers per day, magazines and the hand-outs.

Even if I visit a play or an event it's not for the fun anymore. Yesterday I went to see a very dull theatre play and took notes as this will become one of my first reviews. Tomorrow I'll meet the organizer of an event on the canal to produce my first feature. And Sunday evening I might again take notes for a news story.

Doing the research for an essai on central government I found this very interesting virtual tour through 10 Downing Street , the Prime Minister's office. Discover yourself how it looks like behind the "world's most famous front door".

No comments:

Post a Comment